Toothfairy's a Creep

This will my my 5th attempt at blogging. The previous four were pretty unimpressive, even by my standards. The first was pure waffling (probably just like a standard conversation with me anyway), the second was a rant about Seth's APD. It was a bit too angry and I ran out of steam eventually, a bit like my year 12 major artwork. The third was half-arsed and the fourth was too lovey-dovey. Anyone who knows me, knows that kind of shit doesn't go down too well with me.

So... FIFTH TIME LUCKY I say! I thought I'd start off with the latest milestone achieved in our household:

Last night Seth's first baby tooth was EXTREMELY wobbly. Of the 'hanging-by-a few-threads' kind of wobbly. It required intervention and Seth knew it. Reminding myself of the good ol' days where my own Dad would assure me that he would just 'see' how wobbly the wobbly tooth was, before getting a good grip and yanking it out (can't believe I fell for that trick so many times)... I found myself offering the same service to Seth. He looked at me with pure trust in his big blue eyes and told me the tooth was annoying so could I pull it out (clearly a tooth-pulling novice). I began to feel a tad queasy at the thought of ACTUALLY yanking that tiny tooth out of their little gums but I gave it a shot. What I wasn't bargaining for was the amount of drool that was in there, obviously caused by the offending incisor. I just couldn't get a grip so when the tooth tilted forward, I flicked the little bugger. And suddenly it was dangling by one thread. Seth was horrified, and quite reasonably refused to let anyone near his tooth again. He spent the rest of the night inspecting it in the mirror and covering his mouth any time I walked past.

Luckily for all involved the tooth fell out this morning at 5:45 am to great fanfare, excitement and screeching about the house. Joel (never one to miss an opportunity to point out how hard done by he is) began to whine "oooohhhh, my tooths never fall out...". Shortly followed by "oooohhhhh.... I never get a photo..." while I tried to take a photo of seth's toothy gap without him crossing his eyes. The Middle Child Syndrome is strong with this one.



I'm absolutely confident that this experience has neither endeared me to the tooth-pulling trade that my Dad was so proficient at, nor has the experience made Seth a 'believer'. Nonetheless, he has his tooth proudly sitting in a cup of water, and has informed me that he believes the tooth-fairy will bring him "fifty dollars" for it.



Good luck with that, kid. The toothfairy's a total creep.

God knows when I'll get around to writing another post, but seeing as I'll be starting up my uni study again, there will be AMPLE time to procrastinate.

"Never do today what can be put off until tomorrow". I'm preeeeeeeetty sure that's how the saying goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a Fairytale PART 6 - FINAL

Not a Fairytale PART 1

Not a Fairytale PART 3